Saturday, October 27, 2012

Komikon 2012

At long last I was able to be experience .... KOMIKON 2012!!!!!!! after my shift....I decided to extend so that when I get to KOMIKON I won't have to wait for so long til the gates open. My shift ended @ 8 in the morning and the event will start by 10 am besides it was just near the office just one ride and I'm there. The event was held at the Bayanihan Center, Unilab Compound Pasig City from 10am til 7pm. When I got there this was the huge crowd of comic book fans eager to get in the hall. Geek Pride as I may see it....I'm a proud comic geek! 







Entrance fee was P100 per person.
Unlike most comic book fans, I would be more interested with local comic book artist. My current favorite artists are: 

  • Mervin Ignacio and Ian Sta. Maria - Skyworld
  • Manix Abrera - Kikomachine
  • Budjette Tan and Kajo Baldisimo - Trese series comic books
  • Paolo Fabregas - The Filipino Heroes League
  • Freely Abrigo - Kulas
  • and of course the uber famous Pol Medina - Pugad Baboy series

I was able to grab a copy of the Fifth installment of Trese series luckily I was able to have it signed by Budjette and Kajo!!! Kudos for my patience in waiting in the long queue!






Budjette and Kajo on book signing



Other pictures from the event:




The ticket booth
















No comments:

Post a Comment