Thursday, May 26, 2011

CHEDENG!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's my rest day from work and I'm stuck at home. Skies are dark and cloudy. Typhoon "Chedeng" is here in the Philippines. This reminded me of Ondoy. I can still remember exactly what happened as if it was just yesterday. Ondoy that devastated most parts of Luzon and killed almost 300 people, affected families, business, homes and lives. I had work that night and usually I stay in the office after work to sleep before I go home. So I woke up then bout to leave the office when I saw my teammate tin who's going home also. We went out of the office and voala!!!!!!!!!very heavy rain and dark clouds!!!!!! 


So the journey begins.


Tin was hesitant to leave coz of the super heavy rain. But I was decided to go home and sleep again. So I told her I'll go ahead of her coz I don't wanna get stuck in the office til tonight. She changed her mind and got her umbrella ....ella...ella ...e..e..e and made sugod to the rain!!!....


Walking a few blocks from the office after the heavy rain and raging flow of water....voala! may shoes got darn wet! That was around 11am I guess.


We waited for the bus but there weren't any passing by......after 25 yrs of waiting for the bus we were able to ride one from Shaw blvd.....then it stopped in Megamall.....stopped like it will be forever!!!!!!
I told tin....."maryosep trapik na! MRT tayo gusto ko na umuwi!" We tried to ride the MRT but hell it was not  working and swarm of people were also waiting for a train ride.I told her...."maglakad na nga lang tayo!" try natin sumakay ng bus sa banda dun...."


And the walk begins.


And to our surprise traffic was not moving and parts of Ortigas was flooded. We reached Corinthian Gardens and we were at awe....(nax! awe hehehe) EDSA was so flooded and cars and buses were drowning....We stopped....took a deep breath. took our camera phone and took our picture!!!!!!! to my regret I should have taken a picture on the deeper water on EDSA....having jumpshot unfortunately my camera phone can't capture that.




The walk continues.


Camp Crame was opened for that time because of the flood. Soldiers were also helping the people. Thank God there was a jeep at least we won't have to walk for the next mile.We reached Cubao had the chance to ride a bus.Tin dropped off to a bus terminal in Cubao.And I continue the ride.The bus suddenly stopped near Quezon Ave. and it didn't move. We had no choice....but to walk again.

flooded EDSA





And I walked again.


I walked over the bridge took out my camera phone..and took pictures. Continued walking til I made it to Trinoma. I was soaking wet my shoes, my jeans, my bag.... but my greatest worry was for my phone and ipod. I thought the flood was over when I got to the mall. The mall looks normal to me. People still shopping while the manila was drowning. Then I walked to SM North....thinking of riding a cab to get home since busses were all stuck in traffic. I got a cab and to my dismay it can only pass Pag-asa.....so again I walked. Frustrated...tired and my legs hurt from non stop walking. But I must go on. walking from 12pm. Clock is currently showing 4pm. 
To my shock I saw raging waters on Congressional Avenue. The place looked like a freakin' river! Darn I was so shocked at what happened I forgot to take pictures. 


The military were also there to help out. Even huge trucks can't pass the raging water. One by one, people tried to pass through the river-like highway. The army even set-up a rope so that people can get hold of it. All I can do is walk again. First step was felt freaky coz water had a strong current one wrong move and I can be washed away to anywhere. I lifted my bag to my chest. Had a few more steps and had the feel of crossing the water. Others followed.  Good thing the rain stopped for a bit, it would be easier to cross that river. I almost tripped I forgot that there was an island in the middle of the street. Thank God I got my balance back. 


And the walk continued.


I stopped at the nearest 7-11 that I could find to buy gatorade. I was so tired I forgot that I was thirsty. Thanks for the plastic bac I had the chance to protect my ipod and phones form the rain since my bag was soaking wet. 




Our bakod was nagiba.


To cut the stary short I walked and walked until I got home at around 7PM.  And I was told that our "bakod" crashed coz of erosion. So tired that day. Thank God we had power that night. 
I watched the news and found out that Ondoy had drowned entire Metro Manila and sad to hear that people lost their homes, their family, their friends. Sad to hear also that one of my schoolmates in highschool passed away coz of flood. My sincere condolence. But life must move on. We must survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment